Thursday, October 14, 2010

Notes from a Bad Blogger

View of The Needles from Tennyson Down headland, Isle of Wight (IOW)

The south coast between Freshwater and Ventnor
68 miles of coastal paths, more than 500 public footpaths all over the 150+-square mile Island - a walker's paradise.

Life, work, travels, family.... how they do cut into the time a person could spend blogging.

Very busy times right now with final edits on my spring 2011 book (BEYOND REPAIR), a recent acceptance of another book for Orca Book Publishing for 2011 THE WRONG BUS, laundry accumulated while we were in the UK for the past three weeks, Saturday's launch of SILVER RAIN, and next week's visit to Vancouver Island for library visits during the Cowichan Book Splash.

Without all the electronic tools that many people use to keep connected (only outgoing calls on my cellphone, and too many thumbs for texting, no iPod, iPad, pdf (no, that's not it, but you know what I mean,) any blogging/Twittering or Faceboooking I do is with my bum on my seat sitting at my desk.
When I could/should be writing.

But no excuses.I'm glad that the wired world allows me to stay in touch with many people with limited effort, and for their interest here are a couple of pics from our recent visit to the Isle of Wight - a glorious place to spend a week walking and exploring.


We didn't really need a compass to find our way - this taken enroute across Tennyson Down towards the headland overlooking the Needles.

No comments: