Monday, January 11, 2010

MEETING MISS 405... continued


I'll be publishing A STAR THE WATER, the companion book to MEETING MISS 405 this spring.


Kids love feeling like insiders, being the first to preview a book by a well-known author, or being only one of a few who have a copy of something special.


So STAR will be published in a very limited edition, and will only be available to students, readers, and school and public libraries where I do author visits, readings, presentations or workshops in 2010, with a couple of copies designated for contests at my website.


We're just in the editing stage right now - the book was written a few years ago, and needs a fresh look - and we'll also be designing the book format and cover soon.


I hope A STAR IN THE WATER will be off the press by the time I present an Off the Page reading this spring - this FREE event offered to a local school is funded through the Federation of BC Writers. (If you know of a local school (Lower Mainland of BC, preferably Surrey area) who might enjoy a visit, please pass this info. on to them, or have them contact me at loispeterson@hotmail.net).


I'll also have copies of A STAR IN THE WATER with me when I visit Ontario in May to celebrate the Forest of Reading festivities, for which MM405 is nominated in the Silver Birch Express category.


Meanwhile, information about how to win a copy of STAR will be posted on the Contest page of my website as it becomes available.

No comments: