- Toes gripping the rough edge of the diving board
- Coke floats
- Shopping for weekly candy allowance at the little shop known only as 'The Assyrian's'
- Zayah high in the mish mish (apricot) tree, shaking the fruit loose
- Watching the movie Pollyanna from an open air rooftop cinema in the middle of town, horns blaring all around
- The smell of plastic 'poppa' beads extracted from a box of Tide laundry soap
'Free necklace included'.
- Breaking into the licorice factory through a hole in the wall
- Fairy lights strung through the trees for a British Club dance
- Running home from a friend's house in a sanstorm with a tea towel wrapped around my face.
- Water buffalo being herded past the house from the nearby Shatt al Arab River
Shatt al Arab River.