Wednesday, December 24, 2008

First ten titles on my must-read list for 2009

That didn't take long. A post from Linda Joy Singleton has given me a list of reading that should keep me busy for the next ten weeks. Her top ten books are:

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
Savvy by Ingrid Law
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Cabinet of Wonders by Mari Rutkoski
Little (Grrl) Lost by Charles de Lint
The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas
Into the Wild by Sara Beth Durst
Found Missing by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Patron Saint of Butterflies by Cecelia Galante


See what Linda Joy has to say about her top picks of 2008 on her blog here.

Please drop me a note with your recommendations. Only 42 weeks left unaccounted for on my list!

I'd prefer third-party recommendations rather than suggestions from authors that I add their book to my list. I'm aiming for objectivity here.

Check out the list as it develops here.

1 comment:

PennyD said...

Two books I would recommend are Solzhenitsyn's Cancer Ward and McCammon's Boys Life. The first, The Cancer Ward, opened my eyes to other probable worlds and the second, Boy's Life, tintilatted my desire for the odd and imaginery.