Saturday, October 11, 2008

The word is getting out

All my marketing to the local media paid off. Over four weeks someone somewhere covered me and my book four times. The most recent was a review in the local NOW newspaper. This was especially nice to see as the reviewer covers everything from bestsellers to local self-pubbed stuff, and she said nice things about MM 405.

Then, visiting the local Vancouver Kidsbooks to drop off the poster for my launch, I was told that the manager had read my book and is handselling it to local teachers, poiting out it's set in Surrey and one of the significant characters is a South Asian child, Parveen. This was a selling point I had not anticipated, but now I think about it, perhaps not too many kids' books reflect the multicultural life of Surrey schoolchildren, and maybe they should!

No comments: