Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Conference Tip # 21 - Get Your Just Desserts


I still have nine tips to go if I'm to meet my goal of 30...

Tip #21 - Just Desserts


You'll find the conference food both plentiful and good if the past few years are anything to go by. (Be prepared to wait in line at the buffet table, and try not to leave your chair sticking out where plate-laden conference participants are likely to trip over them while you're waiting your turn.)

Now this is important - if you're picky about your desserts, preferring the fruit-based ones - or like me, are undertaking a systematic and in-depth sicentific study of the chocolate mousses (mice?) of North America - the tip is to get your just desserts at the same time as you pick up your main course. This will mean that you won't feel shortchanged if you go back later and all that's left is a single slice of peach, or raspberry mousse which can never in a million conferences make up for the lack of chocolate.
Trivial, you say? Check in with me mid-afternoon on Saturday and I'm sure you'll be able to tell if I'm behind on my chocolate mousse quota.

No comments: