Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hi, Honey - I'm home

Holiday Summary: Long. Great. Pretty good. Spectacular.

1,800 miles on the clock from Cornwall to York to Sussex to Winchester, and points in between.

Expensive. Everything. Except oat cakes and Cornish Pasties - though for the most part they left a lot to be desired - and Fair Trade T-shirts from Marks and Sparks.

Highlights: The Lost Gardens of Helligan, The Eden Project, the Minack Theatre (of course, always!) and Mevagissey.

And family. All well, busy and going about their business.

Home to the usual crazy schedule with hardly a moment to breath, THEN, the copy proofs of my book arrived along with the cover.

And I LOVE it.
The colours, the slightly retro look, the fact that Tansy is not your conventional 'pretty' child and that the cover is strong enough that I hope it will appeal to both boys as well as girls.

Thanks to the verso page in the proofs I was able to determine the illustrator is Peter Ferguson, and Google did its job so I could track him down and email him right away and say thank you.
(I was also intrigued to see that top of PF's list of favourite musicians is Tom Waits - whose work I just adore. )

3 comments:

Julie H. Ferguson said...

I love the cover--surprisingly, rather as I imagined Tansy. Perhaps, this simply means I'm an old duck and that's how Ilooked when I went to school!

Anita Daher said...

I LOVE this cover, Lois!

Lois Peterson said...

Thanks Julie and Anita. I love it too! And Tansy bears a striking resemblance to me at nine as I appeared in a passport photo.