Friday, December 21, 2007

And now let us pray

Lois Peterson recites King John's Christmas for Surrey Public Library's
Fireside Storytelling for Adults, Dec. 2007

(Picture courtesy Chung Chow, Peace Arch News) Full story here here


Alternate cutline:
"Please, please, please... never use a which without a comma".


Although I am seen here in my role as King John simply praying for a 'big red India rubber ball' for Christmas, I might well have been praying for rescue from the distasteful task of buying a new car this week.

Suffice it to say after four days of back and forth we have a car we're happy with at a price we can afford, from a dealership (or at least a salesman) I would not recommend to my worst enemy.

I'm relieved to think we won't have to do it again for another fifteen years (we work our cars to death). And if we're lucky, this one might see us both out, or at least onto public transit with a Senior's bus pass.

I hope that whatever you hope and pray for at Christmas comes true.

Peace on earth is my wish for us all.

2 comments:

Wenda said...

Lois, All the best to you in 2008!

Lois Peterson said...

Thanks, Wenda -
And I hope 2008 is a happy and healthy year for you, and that our paths may cross sooner rather than later.

LP